If the plan doesn’t work, change the plan, never the goal.
Smiles, they can be so deceiving sometimes can’t they?
Everything, anything you’re feeling just gets covered up by a simple expression to keep people at bay.
We close down, we block out, we surrender to our heads and that smile becomes so much harder to keep. We misunderstand the dangers of overthinking or keeping thoughts and feelings to ourselves, keeping ourselves locked away from those closest or even just an acquaintance whose in the same situation as you. It’s so easy to become lost in your own head feeling like there’s no way out, your demons resurfacing but in new forms, I’ll admit I suffer from it every so often even so after a big patch a good few years ago now. I guess it’s something that never leaves.
You push yourself through it, you fake it ’til you make it because you know no other way. But I guess I’m here to say yeah, there always is another way. The tears that run down your cheek when you have to force another fake smile – stop them. Embrace whatever emotion it is you need to embrace, be expressive. Let yourself loose, unleash. Feel the energy within you building and just unleash. If it means crying, then cry. Who gives a damn. God knows I’ve been doing a lot of it lately for my own reasons and things I’ve been dealing with – but again, my point is – who are we trying to kid forcing a smile on our face when we’re hurting inside?
We bury our problems deeper beneath our own surfaces, hoping they’ll never rise up to t the top again, just so we can “move on”, or “get over it”, but we’re human. We don’t have switches to flick on and off to cut out emotion. We have to feel. We HAVE to feel.
I came across a situation I was faced with not too long ago before I moved, where I had to confront 7 years of lost memories, multiple emotions, all in 1 unexpected moment in my own comfort zone. I felt I wanted to smile, but I broke down. I wanted to unleash, but I wanted to bury the boxes. Every coffin I buried for years of hurt, anger, upset, terror, hope, every single emotional grave was dug up. I still asked myself throughout the whole time of that confrontation – do you still want to smile Sim? And eventually I did. But was it genuine?
We feel this constant need to put on a front, to fake it so we never reveal our true selves for some reason or other – mainly because we’ve been hurt in the past before. We don’t want to embarrass ourselves in public or around friends and family, we don’t want to feel weak. So we smile, and keep smiling. But nobody ever really understood the danger behind a smile. Truly.
Dream big, work hard, stay focused & surround yourself with positive people
If you never go after what you want, you’ll never have it
Do what you have to do, until you can do what you want to do
After 3 long days, a lot of patience testing, a lot of challenges and mental breakdowns and the feeling of “I can do this, and I totally can’t”. It’s complete. I present to you – Waheguru Mandala, a Guru Nanak Dev Ji Mandala fully designed by myself & is now available to order online via my website:- www.simmyghatt.com. Love x
Hey guys – it’s been far. far too long. So quick life update as I’m actually planning to do a lot more with myself including this blog this year… let me bring you up to speed:
- I’ve officially moved from Leicester to Gravesend (I’m working towards East London next!)
- I’ve now got a new job in a Digital Marketing Role in East London – I start Friday!
- The role I did move to Gravesend for wasn’t right for me – it was Gym Supervisor but felt more like Gym Membership Sales – so I stuck around for 3 weeks and then left
- I’m still into FOREX trading – its been a journey truthfully, I have experienced the risky sides of it but the wins are still outweighing the losses and I’m attending more events across London which are cropping up weekly – you can read and maybe attend one yourself too by finding out more here
- I’ve launched my work for sale on RedBubble and Society6 and it’s still all going on my website too with new pieces uploaded often!
- I’ve begun offering freelance social media management, blogging & graphic design services – again, more to find out about on my website!
- I’m currently sat on the floor working on my first new portrait vector piece that is proving to be the biggest challenge so far that I’ve begun
- And to sum it all up – I’ve been mad busy and going through a lot, mentally and emotionally – its proving to be a year of self reflection and personal development and growth to be honest – it’s crazy. But theres a lot of goals I’ve set for myself this year – you can follow along my journey of course on my socials:
Guys serious question though – I’ve been doing a lot of goal setting, big talks, topic debates and discussions – what would you guys think to me doing a YouTube channel? Comment down below – base it off what you see on my social – would you guys wanna see & find out more on me & my life and other topic debate type things?