Hey guys! So you may have caught the Instagram post of one of my latest kitchen creations – stuffed peppers, and can I just point out that they were basically one of the best things I have made to date! So the recipe ::
- 4x Whole Bell Peppers – core & seeds removed to leave just the shell
- 2x Chicken Breast Fillets – cooked &diced
- 1x Avocado – de-seeded & peeled
- 1/2 Red Onion
- 1x Large Garlic Clove
- 1tbsp of Garlic Powder, Ground Cumin, Black Pepper & Chilli Powder
- 1 Cup Cherry Tomatoes – Halved
- 1 Cup Sweetcorn
- 1 Can Mixed Beans – Kidney Beans, Black Beans, White Beans
- Opt – spring onions, cilantro, juice of 1-2 squeezed limes
- Preheat the oven to 180 degrees celcius (350 farenheit)
- Saute onions and garlic with olive oil for 2-3 minutes until golden.
- Dice up the chicken and coat in garlic powder, cumin, black pepper and chilli powder. Add the chicken in with the onions and stir until cooked through.
- Remove from the heat and in a separate mixing bowl combine the chicken, onions, garlic, cherry tomatoes, avocado, sweetcorn and mixed beans (and cilantro, spring onions and lime juice).
- Pack tightly into the peppers and place into an oven safe dish. Bake for 15 – 20 minutes until heated through.
- Serve on it’s own or with rice for a heartier meal!
They were amazing and literally tasted so beautiful! I find that colourful looking meals always taste so much better as they look so much more appealing so I loved this and even went on to make a breakfast version with eggs, diced peppers, ham and pepperoni in there – DEFINITELY RECOMMENDED! If you try out the recipe definitely share the combos with me and the pics too – I love sharing what I make with everyone and love seeing the end results to the point where my boss at the gym tried it out too!