So I finally got back into the kitchen last night and tried out a different kind of recipe – similar to something I cooked last week but it smells better, looks nicer and sounds heavenly – Smoky Chicken Soup with Egg Noodles – courtesy of www.realsimple.com.
Unfortunately I didn’t take the usual midway cooking pics as I was on Skype at the time so my other half got to see the process instead of you guys (flop)! But keep an eye on my Instagram cause I’m so sure I’ll be making this one again more often.
Anyhow – ingredients. Now you can use the same amount to make into more servings, I just bulked it up a bit more to push it into 3 as I need to start eating more!:
- 3x Sheets / Slabs of uncooked Sharwood Medium Egg Noodles
- 40g Butter
- 3 teaspoons Smoked Paprika
- 2 Medium Red Onions, thinly sliced
- 2 Garlic Cloves, finely chopped
- 3 Bell Peppers – original stated red but I used a mix – thinly sliced
- 1 teaspoon Salt
- 1 teaspoon Black Pepper
- 2x Tins of Chopped Tomatoes
- 2x Knorrs Chicken Stock Cubes into 600ml water
- 600g Cooked Chicken (I just grilled mine beforehand)
- Sour Cream & Chopped Dill for serving (optional)
- Pre-cook chicken – either grill / oven cook to your liking. Chop & slice up and leave to rest on one side
- Cook the noodles according to package instructions – usually simmer in boiling water for 4-5 minutes. Drain and leave to rest on the side.
- Cook the butter and smoked paprika in a large pot over medium. Add the onions, garlic, bell peppers, salt, and pepper and cook, stirring occasionally, until the vegetables are tender, 10 minutes.
- Add the tomatoes, broth, and chicken and simmer 5 minutes more.
- Stir in the noodles to warm and serve & optional: garnish with sour cream & dill to serve.
And that’s it! Super simple, takes about 40mins in total including chicken cooking time but it smells like absolutely heavenly when it’s made. I upped the amount of paprika & black pepper used too as I covered the chicken in it when I was grilling it so it’s completely full of flavour! Macros for the recipe as stated above for 3 servings are below :
Calories per Serving: 584kcal | Carbs: 51.3g | Protein: 51.6g | Fat: 18.7g – of which Saturates: 2.2g | Cholesterol: 26.7mg | Fibre: 3.3g | Sugars: 3.8g