Now, I know that together just sounded like “wait what?” but OH MY DEAR LORD it tastes amazing! And… It’s under 500 calories! (462 if you want to be precise).
But I had to share this one, I mean it’s a crime not to. As I had a heavy gym session today, I needed something that would fill me up well. And me being the spontaneous chef I am to use up the seafood selection I bought before it went out of date, this was my concoction!
– 1x Tray of Tesco Seafood Selection (or ALDI – you get more from the ALDI one) consisting of Mussels, Prawns and Squid
– 170g Sweet Potato
– 2tbsp of Olive Oil for brushing
– 2tbsp of Coarse Ground Black Pepper
– 1x Red Pepper Cheek
– 1x Yellow Pepper Cheek
– 1tsp of Basil
– 1x Dolmio Sweet Pepper Stir In Pasta Sauce Pot (150g)
1) Preheat the oven to 200 degrees Celsius
2) Peel and chop the sweet potato in fries or wedges, adequately sized so they do not crisp too much when cooking.
3) Prepare the baking tray for the fries by coating the base in olive oil and spread the fries apart. Brush over them slightly in olive oil again and then sprinkle on the black pepper. Once done, place the tray in the oven for 15-18 minutes, flipping over the fries once during cooking.
4) Chop up the peppers into chunky cubes (or strips whichever you prefer) and place into a small frying pan alongside half of the seafood selection pack, the dolmio stir in sauce and the remainder of the black pepper with basil.
5) Cook for a total of 5 minutes on a low heat. Don’t forget to check the fries in the oven!
6) Serve up and indulge
Believe me when I say it was honestly one of the best things I think I have ever possibly cooked in my life, and I’ve actually cooked a fair bit! But it was super filling, less than 500 calories which makes it perfect for people who watch their calorie consumption or people who want to eat clean or genuinely just enjoy their seafood!
Carbs: 0.1g | Fat: 1g | Protein: 17.7g | 80kcal | Saturated Fat: 0.1g | Sodium: 520.0mg | Sugar: 0.1g
Carbs: 47.4g | Fat: 0.7g | Protein: 2.7g | 218kcal | Saturated Fat: 0.2g | Sodium: 0.1mg | Sugars: 24.7g | Fiber: 5.6g | Vitamin C: 49.3%
Dolmio Stir In Pasta Sauce:
Carbs: 14.4g | Fat: 9.4g | Protein: 2.2g | 154kcal | Saturated Fat: 1.2g | Sodium: 1880mg | Sugars: 9.2g | Fiber: 2.4g