So sticking to my vibe of constantly cooking my own meals and trying to make them as healthy as possible, I came up with one of my most favourite combinations ever – chicken with ham, peppers and stir fry.
The major benefit to this recipe – it takes all of 10 minutes to make and it’s so filling but ridiculously light on the stomach. And guess what – it’s only 300 calories.
Chicken & Ham Stir Fry
Ingredients (Serves 1):
- 1x Chicken Breast Fillet – 100-125g
- 3x Slices Dry Cured Ham (Or Any Other – I Used ASDA)
- 1/2 Bag Rainbow Stir Fry Veg Mix – 180g
- Handful of Trimmed Green Beans
- 1x Yellow Pepper Cheek Sliced
- 1x Red Pepper Cheek Sliced
- 1x Tablespoon Coarse Ground Black Pepper
- 1x Teaspoon Rosemary
- 1x Teaspoon Basil
- 1x Tablespoon Olive Oil
- Wash, cut and prepare the chicken by cutting it into bite sized chunks. Heat up the olive oil in the pan and place black pepper, rosemary and basil in the oil. Place the chicken in after and begin to stir fry.
- Cut up the ham into squares whilst the chicken is cooking and place in once the chicken has sealed on the outside (5 mins after cooking) and is almost fully cooked.
- Stir fry for a further 4 minutes until the ham begins to coat and become golden and add in the peppers and stir fry mix.
- Cook for a further 3 – 4 minutes, stirring constantly and remove from heat. Serve hot (or it can be reheated again the next day and still taste fine!)