(Apologies for the lack of blogging lately – I’ve been having a few big changes going on that I need to update the page about!)
So on Saturday I decided to break into the new kitchen we recently had put into the house and go on a complete cooking spree for myself, the family and the boys. Of course my infamous Chocolate Domino Cake was on the menu, but I wanted to try something new… Something I hadn’t necessarily made before and that of course was paella!
It tasted divine and was so filling it sufficed happily for lunch and dinner the next day! So the recipe (to serve 3 people):
– 1x Pack of Diced Chicken (Co-op)
– 1/4 Cup of All Purpose Flour
– 500ml Chicken Stock (Knorrs)
– 1x Small Pack of Prawns (150g)
– 1x Cup of Rice (I used normal Basmati)
– 1/2 Cup of Frozen Peas
– 2x Cloves of Garlic
– 1x Medium Red Onion (Finely Chopped)
– 1x Can of Chopped Tomatoes (Drained)
– 2x Tablespoons of Olive Oil
1) Wash the chicken and coat in all purpose flour. Heat up 1 tablespoon of Olive Oil in a medium frying pan and cook in a medium-high heat for around 6 minutes until the chicken is browned all over and fully cooked on the inside. Transfer to a plate.
2) Heat the remaining oil in a pan and cook the onion and garlic until soft – around 3 minutes total.
3) Add in the prawns and cook for a remaining 2 minutes.
4) Stir in the rice, chicken stock, tomatoes and 1/2 teaspoon of salt. Bring to the boil and then add in the chicken. Cover and reduce the heat to low and cook until the rice is tender and chicken is cooked through – around 10 – 12 minutes in total.
5) Remove from the heat once cooked and add in the peas. Cover again and let the peas heat through before serving – around 5 minutes in total.