So I’ve become a bit of a mini chef recently and have been keeping busy by cooking a few times this week – either cake or chicken! I made my infamous yet tasty chocolate domino cake last night and today for lunch as I had a buddy round, I decided to make something different.
I found a recipe the other night for Chicken with Avocado and was going to make that, however Co-op had no avocados therefore I improvised and just stuck with good old salad. So my recipe:
Chicken Breast Fillets & Salad Salsa
Ingredients (Serves 2 People):
– 3 x Chicken Breast Fillets
– 1 x Tablespoon Olive Oil
– 1 x Teaspoon Oregano
– 1 x Teaspoon Coarse Ground Black Pepper
– 1 x Teaspoon Basil
– 1 x Teaspoon Rosemary
– 1 x Jar of Mild & Chunky Salsa (ASDA brand)
– Salad: Cucumber, Lettuce, Peppers (Red, Yellow, Green), Tomato, Carrot (Grated)
1. Wash and cut the chicken into strips and mix in a bowl with black pepper, oregano, basil and rosemary until coated.
2. Heat up the olive oil in a frying pan and add the chicken. Cook for 5 minutes on a Med-High heat.
3. After 5 minutes, stir in the salsa. Mix, cover the pan, reduce the heat and leave to simmer for 7-8 minutes.
4. Prepare your salad by cutting up the cucumber, peppers, lettuce and tomato and grating the carrot.
5. Turn off the gas for the chicken and serve hot with the side salad.
* Nachos are always a good compliment to the dish too as there is always some remaining salsa left over with the chicken so it’s a great way to finish it off *